Invoice Check

Applicants can request to be notified if their service provider files an FCC Form 474 before payments are disbursed to that service provider. This request is called an “invoice check.”

To submit an invoice check, you must create a customer service case in the E-Rate Productivity Center (EPC ) by following these steps:

  • Log in to One Portal to access the EPC.
  • Click Actions on the top navigation bar and then click Contact Us.
  • Complete the Topic, Subtopic, Priority Level, and Form Type fields.
  • If you have the invoice number, enter it in the Form Number field.
  • In addition, include the following:
    • Billed Entity Number (BEN)
    • BEN name
    • Funding year (FY)
    • FCC Form 471 number
    • Funding Request Number(s) (FRNs)
    • Service Provider Identification Number (SPIN), also known as the service provider’s 498 ID
  • You can speed up the process by uploading supporting documents or using the Attachment Finder to find the existing FCC Form 470 associated with the invoice or existing customer case.
  • Choose a Case Contact person for the case and submit your invoice check.

After submitting your request, you will receive an automated response that includes your case number. Save the case number for reference. Your case will be updated after the invoice check is placed on the FRN(s).

Each time a service provider submits a SPI Form that references one of these FRNs, USAC asks the service provider to obtain a certification from you that the invoiced services were delivered and installed. USAC will not process a payment on the FRN until you make this certification.

Service Provider Invoices (SPI) FCC Form 474

Applicants who choose for an FRN to be invoiced through the FCC Form 474 SPI method can view the invoices submitted to the E-Rate program for payment and the status of those invoices.

See the EPC Navigation Reference Guide (future link) for instructions on how to view remittance statements by FRN. This information is also available in the E-Rate FRN Status Tool 2016+ within Open Data.

Additional Assistance

For questions related to invoices filed for Funding Year 2015 (FY15) or earlier, please contact us.