FCC Form 472 Filing
Purpose of FCC Form 472
Applicants file an FCC Form 472 (Billed Entity Applicant Reimbursement (BEAR) Form) to request reimbursement from USAC for the discount costs of the eligible products or services that the applicant has received and paid for in full.
When to File FCC Form 472
The BEAR Form can be filed after the applicant has filed an FCC Form 486 (Receipt of Service Confirmation and Children’s Internet Protection Act Certification Form); the service provider has filed an FCC Form 473 (Service Provider Annual Certification (SPAC) Form) for that funding year; products were delivered or services have started; and the applicant has paid for those products or services in full.
You can file the BEAR Form as often as you wish (e.g. monthly, bimonthly, quarterly, annually). However, you must have received and have paid in full for the eligible products or services received before filing a BEAR Form.
Deadline: You must file the BEAR Form no later than 120 days after the last date to receive service or 120 days after the date of the FCC Form 486 Notification Letter, whichever is later.
- If you know that you will not be able to file the BEAR Form by the invoice deadline, you must submit an invoice deadline extension request by that deadline to receive a one-time, 120-day extension of time to file your BEAR Form.
- If you do not file your BEAR Form or request an extension by the invoice deadline, you must submit a waiver request and the FCC must approve the request before you will be able to invoice USAC and file a BEAR Form.
How to File FCC Form 472
File this form online in the Schools and Libraries (E-rate) Program legacy system.
To file a BEAR Form, you must:
- Set up an E-rate Productivity Center (EPC) account with USAC, and
- Obtain an applicant 498 ID by filing the FCC Form 498 (Service Provider and Billed Entity Identification Number and General Contact Information Form).
- The FCC Form 498 collects contact and banking information so that USAC can reimburse you directly.
- You will be asked to verify your banking information, and USAC will issue an applicant 498 ID after the verification process has been completed.
- After receiving an applicant 498 ID, you must request access to the BEAR Form for the form to appear in your One Portal account, USAC’s multi-factor authentication system.
You can practice filing on the BEAR training site.
If you need assistance, call the Client Service Bureau (CSB) at (888) 203-8100.
After Filing FCC Form 472
USAC mails an FCC Form 472 (BEAR) Notification Letter to the applicant and the service provider upon successful certification of the BEAR Form.