Representative Accountability Database (RAD)
RAD is a registration system that validates the identities of service provider representatives performing transactions in the National Lifeline Accountability Database (NLAD) and the National Verifier (NV).
Your Representative ID is a unique number that connects your identity to the transactions you complete in NLAD and the National Verifier. Do not share your ID number with anyone besides the carrier(s) for which you work.
Representative ID Registration
RAD registration is a two-step process:
- Representatives self-register for a Representative ID, which will be needed to perform transactions in NLAD and the National Verifier.
- Representatives provide their Representative ID number to each service provider for which they work. Service providers will use the Representative ID to create the representative’s NLAD and/or National Verifier account credentials. Service providers can find detailed instructions on how to link Representative IDs in the How to Link a Rep ID and Data Input Templates section of the RAD Resources page.
The following NLAD user roles require a Representative ID if the individual in that role is considered an enrollment representative and may perform Lifeline enrollments, eligibility checks, recertifications, etc. (this includes enrollment representatives in opt-out states that use USAC’s systems for these activities):
- ETC Administrator
- ETC Analyst
- ETC Operations
- ETC Agent
In addition, the list below describes who should register for a Representative ID:
- Individuals directly interfacing with potential subscribers to enroll them in Lifeline
- Immediate supervisors of individuals directly interacting with potential subscribers to complete Lifeline enrollments
- Individuals that contract directly with ETCs and oversee or manage a team of people working to complete Lifeline enrollments (Master Agent)
- Individuals that either assist subscribers with recertification or prepare subscriber information for recertification and submission to the National Verifier or NLAD
- Customer service representatives that update Personally Identifiable Information (PII) for existing Lifeline subscribers
- Back office individuals that conduct manual eligibility reviews of subscriber enrollment or recertification information that is initially submitted through an electronic system, e.g., an online portal, ETC billing system
Please note that service providers are not limited to a specific number of representatives.