Step 6: Invoice USAC
Invoicing is a joint process between you and your service provider using the FCC Form 463 (Invoice and Request for Disbursement Form).
Once you receive a bill from the service provider, you can create an invoice for the services received using the FCC Form 463. You must certify that the information in the form and attachments is accurate and that you or another eligible source have paid the 35% contribution. Next, you send the FCC Form 463 to the service provider for approval through My Portal. The service provider reviews the FCC Form 463 and certifies its accuracy, and then submits the form to USAC. Once USAC receives the FCC Form 463, it processes the form and, if approved, funds are then distributed to the service provider.
The FCC Form 463 is due to USAC no later than six (6) months from the funding commitment end date. This invoicing deadline is included in the funding commitment letter (FCL), which USAC sends via email after approving the FCC Form 462 (Funding Request Form). Remember, this deadline refers to the date by which the FCC Form 463 must be approved, signed, and certified by both you and the service provider, and submitted to USAC. This means that you and your service provider must allow plenty of time in advance of the invoicing deadline to review the form, check for and resolve any errors, certify and sign the form, and then submit to USAC.
Once your invoicing deadline passes, you will be unable to create a FCC Form 463 in My Portal.
Invoicing Deadline for HCF Extended by FCC Order DA 20-345: Additional Relief for HCPs due to COVID-19
HCF Program Rules require applicants to complete their invoicing six months after the end of their funding commitment. FCC Order DA 20-345 grants applicants a 180-day extension of the invoice filing deadline for FY2019 funding requests. Read more here.
Invoicing Deadline Lookup
You can also look up your invoicing deadline on the spreadsheet below.
- Look up a deadline:
- NEW: To enable the search feature, set “Calculation Options” in your Excel program as “Automatic”
- Menu> Formulas> Calculation> Calculation Options> Set “Automatic”
- To search: Use the “Search HCP #” and the “Search FRN #” to find invoicing deadline information. To clear the search and start again, use the “Reset” button.
- This spreadsheet includes:
- All FRNs with future invoicing deadlines
- All FRNs that are less than 6 months past their expiration
- This spreadsheet is for the purposes of identifying the invoicing deadline for your commitment only. This spreadsheet does not reflect form submissions, payment status, or funds remaining. If you have questions on remaining funding, you can log into My Portal or email the RHC Help Desk.
- This spreadsheet is updated on a bi-weekly basis, reflected by the date at the top of the spreadsheet.
- This spreadsheet includes:
USAC Invoice Payment Cycle for Service Providers
USAC pays invoices to service providers in batches, with payment batch dates being the 6th and the 21st of each month (except weekend and holidays, where the payment batch date would fall on the next business day). Invoices that USAC approves are typically processed in the upcoming payment batch. Service providers can expect the payment from the approved FCC Form 463 to arrive in their bank accounts three (3) business days after the payment batch date.
Annual Report for Consortia
Each funding year, the consortium leader must submit an annual report to USAC, which will include information that allows the FCC to assess progress towards the performance goals and measures of the Healthcare Connect Fund (HCF) Program. The consortium leader must file the annual report on or before September 30 for the preceding funding year. More information is on the Consortia Annual Report page.
The material on these webpages is provided for general information only and should not be relied upon or used as the sole basis for making decisions without consulting the RHC Program rules, orders, and other primary sources of information. Applicants and service providers are ultimately responsible for knowing and complying with all RHC Program rules and procedures.