Low Cost, High Speed Internet Access
Commercially Available Business class Internet Option (CABIO) Category 1 (C1) services are exempt from the FCC Form 470 posting requirement if they meet all of the following requirements:
- Commercially available: This means that it is publicly available to non-residential customers (such as enterprise, small business, or other government customers) in the same form and at the same rates that it is offered to schools or libraries. Therefore, it may not be purchased through a master contract signed for just certain customers, even if the contract includes schools and libraries.
- Low cost: This means that the total annual pre-discount cost for the service, including any one-time costs such as installation, does not exceed $3,600 per year per school or library.
- High-speed: This means that the service must provide bandwidth speeds of at least 100 Mbps downstream and 10 Mbps upstream.
An applicant utilizing CABIO services should:
- Create your contract record (see video “Creating a Contract Record for CABIO Services”)
- File your FCC Form 471 funding application to request E-Rate support