Eligible Services

Classification of Category One and Category Two services

Q1: Are costs for applicant-owned wide area networks (WAN) now eligible as Category One services?
Q2: What is a WAN for the purposes of the E-Rate program?
Q3: How are connections between buildings of a single school classified?
Q4: What if the different schools or libraries are located on the same campus? Are the connections installed between them eligible for Category One support?
Q5: Isn’t a connection that crosses a public right-of-way eligible for Category One support, and any fiber connection that does not cross a public right-of-way an internal connection?
Q6: So, in the high-rise example above, if three floors of the building are occupied by instructional facilities of a single school, the connections installed between the floors occupied by the single school would be internal connections?
Q7: What about a single school campus that is intersected by a public right-of-way, with instructional buildings located on either side of the public right-of-way? Would the connections between all of the instructional buildings be internal connections?
Q8: What about a single school with multiple campuses that are located miles apart? Would connections installed between the instructional buildings on the different campuses be internal connections?

Voice Services

Q10: Are data plans and air cards still eligible?