National Lifeline Accountability Database (NLAD)
The National Lifeline Accountability Database (NLAD) allows service providers to check on a real-time, nationwide basis whether a consumer is already receiving a Lifeline program-supported service. Service providers can only claim reimbursement for Lifeline subscribers that are enrolled in NLAD.
- Account Types: Learn about the different permission levels.
- Benefit Transfers: How to complete a benefit transfer in NLAD.
- Dispute Resolution: How to resolve error codes received in NLAD.
- NLAD Resources: The NLAD input template, field descriptions, eligibility codes, and more.
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs): Answers to common questions about NLAD.
Maintenance Schedule: Dates when NLAD is scheduled for system maintenance, and release notes for each version of NLAD.
Help and Updates
The NLAD Bulletin provides email notices about system maintenance and updates. Sign up in the Subscription Center (select “NLAD Bulletin”).
Keep NLAD Up-to-Date
NLAD confirms that a customer has qualified through the National Verifier and prevents subscribers from claiming more than one discount. Service providers are not allowed to claim reimbursement for a customer unless they are entered in NLAD. Please update NLAD every time a customer status changes, including changes to their information (for example, a change of address).
For existing subscribers, service providers must update NLAD within ten (10) business days of receiving any change to the subscriber’s information, for example, change of address or name change.
When a service provider de-enrolls a subscriber from Lifeline, NLAD must be updated within one (1) business day.