Representative Accountability Database (RAD)
The Representative Accountability Database (RAD) is a registration system that validates the identities of service provider representatives performing transactions in the National Lifeline Accountability Database (NLAD) and the National Verifier.
Your Representative ID is a unique number that connects your identity to the transactions you complete in NLAD and the National Verifier. Do not share your ID number with anyone besides the carrier(s) for which you work.
RAD registration is a two-step process:
- Representatives self-register for a Representative ID, which will be needed to perform transactions in NLAD and the National Verifier.
- Representatives provide their Representative ID number to each service provider for which they work. Service providers will use the Representative ID to create the representative’s NLAD and/or National Verifier account credentials.
Any of the following NLAD user roles require a Representative ID:
- ETC Administrator
- ETC Analyst
- ETC Operations
- ETC Agent
In addition, the list below describes who should register for a Representative ID:
- Individuals directly interfacing with potential subscribers to enroll them in Lifeline
- Immediate supervisors of individuals directly interacting with potential subscribers to complete Lifeline enrollments
- Individuals that contract directly with ETCs and oversee or manage a team of people working to complete Lifeline enrollments
- Individuals that either assist subscribers with recertification or prepare subscriber information for recertification and submission to the National Verifier or NLAD
- Customer service representatives that update Personally Identifiable Information (PII) for existing Lifeline subscribers
- Back office individuals that conduct manual eligibility reviews of subscriber enrollment or recertification information that is initially submitted through an electronic system, e.g., an online portal, ETC billing system
Please note that service providers are not limited to a specific number of representatives.
The table below provides a breakdown of the RAD implementation timeline:
|Date of Change||Environment Affected?||Description of Change|
|Tuesday, June 25||RAD Production||Representatives may begin registering for a Representative ID.|
|Tuesday, July 16||NLAD Pre-Production||Service providers may begin to test linking Representative IDs to accounts.|
|Thursday, August 1||NLAD Pre-Production||Service providers may test the validations and errors related to a Representative ID during NLAD transactions.|
|Thursday, August 1||NLAD Pre-Production||Service providers will receive an error when attempting a transaction in the pre-production environment that does not have a Representative ID linked to all existing ETC Administrator, ETC Analyst, ETC Operations, and ETC Agent accounts and for any new account created.|
|Thursday, August 1||NLAD Pre-Production||Service providers may test any errors that they could receive during an API or batch transaction related to the two new Representative ID fields. Service providers may also test the errors they would see if attempting a transaction with an invalid Representative ID on NLAD’s website.|
|Early December||NLAD Production||RAD will be released to NLAD production and available for optional use the week of December 2. ETC Admins may link subaccounts (ETC Analyst, ETC Operations, and ETC Agent) to Representative IDs and 497 Officers may link ETC Admins to Representative IDs.|
|TBD||NLAD Production||Any new ETC Administrator, ETC Analyst, ETC Operations, or ETC Agent account created will require a Representative ID.|
|TBD||NLAD Production||Service providers may begin linking a Representative ID to existing ETC Administrator, ETC Analyst, ETC Operations, and ETC Agent accounts in the production environment.|
|TBD||NLAD Production||All existing ETC Administrator, ETC Analyst, ETC Operations, and ETC Agent accounts must be linked to a Representative ID.|
|TBD||NLAD Production||NLAD and National Verifier transactions will require a Representative ID and may receive an error.|
RAD Adoption Period
All ETC Administrator, ETC Analyst, ETC Operations, and ETC Agent users will register and be validated through RAD. Visit USAC’s RAD Adoption Period page to learn more about this process.
Service providers will confirm that the representatives that are linked to their company accounts should remain linked. USAC will provide additional information soon.