FCC Form 474 Filing
Purpose of FCC Form 474
Service providers file an FCC Form 474, Service Provider Invoice (SPI) Form, to request reimbursement from USAC for the discount amount for eligible services and equipment provided to the applicant. The service provider must provide the service and/or equipment and bill the applicant for its non-discount share before submitting a SPI Form to USAC.
When to File FCC Form 474
Service providers can file a SPI Form after:
- The applicant has filed an FCC Form 486 (Receipt of Service Confirmation and Children’s Internet Protection Act Certification Form);
- The service provider has filed an FCC Form 473 (Service Provider Annual Certification (SPAC) Form), for that funding year;
- Services have started; and
- The service provider has billed the applicant for the non-discount share of the costs for the services and/or equipment.
You can submit the SPI Form as often as you wish (e.g. monthly, bimonthly, quarterly, annually). However, you must first bill the applicant for the cost of the non-discount share of the services and/or equipment included in the SPI Form.
Deadline: You must submit the SPI Form no later than 120 days after the last date to receive service or 120 days after the date of the FCC Form 486 Notification Letter, whichever is later.
- If you know that you cannot submit the SPI Form by the deadline, you must submit an invoice deadline extension request by that deadline to receive a one-time, 120-day extension of time to file your SPI Form.
- If you do not submit your SPI Form or request an extension by the deadline, you must file a waiver request with the FCC regarding the invoicing deadline rules before you can submit a SPI Form.
How to File FCC Form
FCC Form 474 (SPI) User Guide for filing online.
After Filing FCC Form 474
USAC issues a remittance statement to the service provider after processing the SPI Form.