FCC Form 474 Filing (SPI Form)
Purpose of FCC Form 474
Service providers file an FCC Form 474, Service Provider Invoice (SPI) Form, to request reimbursement from USAC for the discount amount for eligible services and equipment provided to the applicant and approved on the FCC Form 471. The service provider must provide the service and/or equipment and bill the applicant for its non-discount share before submitting a SPI Form to USAC.
When to File FCC Form 474
Service providers can file a SPI Form after:
- The applicant has filed an FCC Form 486 (Receipt of Service Confirmation and Children’s Internet Protection Act Certification Form);
- The service provider has filed an FCC Form 473 (Service Provider Annual Certification (SPAC) Form), for that funding year;
- Services have started; and
- The service provider has billed the applicant for the non-discount share of the costs for the services and/or equipment.
You can submit the SPI Form as often as you wish (e.g. monthly, bimonthly, quarterly, annually). However, you must first bill the applicant for the cost of the non-discount share of the services and/or equipment included in the SPI Form.
Deadline: You must file the SPI Form no later than 120 days after the latest of the following:
- Service Delivery Deadline (the last date to receive service);
- Date of the FCC Form 486 Notification Letter;
- Date of the approved post-commitment Revised Funding Commitment Decision Letter; or
- Date of an approved appeal Revised Funding Commitment Decision Letter on a previously denied or reduced funding request.
If there is a possibility you cannot submit the SPI Form by the deadline, you should request a one-time 120-day invoice deadline extension. You must submit an Invoice Deadline extension request on or before the invoice deadline date. If you need an invoice deadline extension but the deadline to request one has passed, you must first submit a waiver request to the Federal Communications Commission (FCC). The FCC must grant your waiver request before USAC can extend the invoice deadline.
How to File FCC Form 474
FCC Form 474 (SPI) User Guide for filing online.
After Filing FCC Form 474
USAC issues a remittance statement to the service provider after processing the SPI Form. This form provides and explanation of SPI payments made to the banking account associated with the Service Providers approved SPIN, as found on the their approved FCC Form 498. The Invoice Decision Code table describes the most common invoice decision codes in plain language. It also includes historical decision explanations for letters issued before October 1, 2020.
For detailed information on disbursements issued, view the Invoicing section of the Tools page.