Lifeline Claims System
The Lifeline Claims System (LCS) is the online filing system that service providers use to receive reimbursement for offering Lifeline-supported services to eligible consumers.
Previously providers would use FCC Form 497 (the “Lifeline and Link up Worksheet’) to submit claims. In the 2016 Lifeline Modernization Order, the FCC directs USAC to create a transition plan for phasing out the form. This order also requires the National Lifeline Accountability Database (NLAD), and the information about Lifeline subscribers within, to be used as the default basis for determining support payments to service providers.
Now all claims must be submitted using LCS. FCC Form 497 is no longer applicable for data months in 2018 and onward.
More information can be found in FCC Public Notice DA-18-30.
To file a claim using LCS or to submit a downward revision using the FCC Form 497, an E-File account is required.
To register your company for the first time:
- Visit one portal and select “E-File,”
- Select “create an account” from the bottom menu, and
- Select “Service Provider – 498 ID” and click “Register Your Company.”
Create an E-file account and sub-accounts to file a claim:
- The 497 Officer can enter data, is authorized to certify the claim, can create sub-accounts, and is responsible for password resets for sub-accounts.
- A 497 User(sub-account) is a company employee that can enter data, but does not have the authority to certify the claim.
To get a new E-File account, contact your company’s E-File “Officer” or “General Contact.” Not sure who your E-File Admin is? Contact email@example.com.
If you need help with E-File, review the E-File User Guide.
For a list of LCS scheduled system maintenance, review NLAD’s monthly maintenance schedule here.