In addition to the programs listed on the Program Eligibility page, consumers living on federally-recognized Tribal lands can also use the following Tribally-administered programs to qualify for Lifeline.
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Tribally-Administered Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF)
- Tribal Head Start
- Head Start Program eligibility only refers to those households that have already met the income-qualifying standard.
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR)
- Although the Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR) is a federal program, administered by the Food and Nutrition Service (FNS), award letters are generally provided by either an Indian Tribal Organization (ITO) or another state agency.
- Read this list of state agency contacts for FDPIR to learn more.
A list of requirements for documentation demonstrating program eligibility can be found on the National Verifier Acceptable Documentation page.