COVID-19 Update: USAC remains open for business—Washington, DC office closed. Learn more about USF program responses.

Tribal Eligibility

In addition to the programs listed on the Program Eligibility page, consumers living on federally-recognized Tribal lands can also use the following Tribally-administered programs to qualify for Lifeline.

  • Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
  • Tribally-Administered Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF)
  • Tribal Head Start
    • Head Start Program eligibility only refers to those households that have already met the income-qualifying standard.
  • Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR)
    • Although the Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR) is a federal program, administered by the Food and Nutrition Service (FNS), award letters are generally provided by either an Indian Tribal Organization (ITO) or another state agency.
    • Read this list of state agency contacts for FDPIR to learn more.

A list of requirements for documentation demonstrating program eligibility can be found on the National Verifier Acceptable Documentation page.