Updated August 2016
USAC strongly encourages service providers to sign up to receive electronic notifications. Electronic notifications consist of electronic files of the following:
- Funding commitments (information from the Funding Commitment Report in the Funding Commitment Decision Letter (FCDL));
- Revised funding commitments (information from the Funding Commitment Report in the Revised Funding Commitment Decision Letter issued after a successful appeal);
- Receipt Acknowledgment Letters (information from the FCC Form 471 (Description of Services Ordered and Certification Form) filed by applicants);
- FCC Form 486 Notification Letters (information from the FCC Form 486 (Receipt of Service Confirmation and Children's Internet Protection Act and Technology Plan Certification Form) filed by applicants);
- FCC Form 500 Notification Letters (information from the FCC Form 500 (Funding Commitment Adjustment Request Form) filed by applicants); and
- Invoice Status Reports (information about a FCC Form 474 (Service Provider Invoice (SPI) Form), filed by you, the service provider.
How Do I Sign Up?
Service providers interested in electronic notifications should contact the Client Service Bureau (CSB) at (888) 203-8100 indicating their email address where they wish to receive electronic notifications and their Service Provider Identification Number (SPIN), also known as the service provider's 498 ID.
The email address should be in a generic form, such as: Notification@ABC.com, so that even if your company experiences personnel changes or staff is away on vacation, electronic notifications can continue to be processed in a timely fashion. Service providers should also indicate whether they wish to receive only electronic notifications or both paper letters and electronic notifications.