Glossary of Terms
- Total Funding Available for FY2017 – Total amount of funding available for the RHC Program for FY2017, which is calculated by subtracting the administrative expenses from the RHC Program’s $571 million cap (raised from $400 million after the FCC’s release of the 2018 Funding Cap Order on June 25, 2018).
- Funding Available for FY2017 (Individual) – Total amount of funding available for individual applicants in the RHC Program for FY2017, which is calculated by adding Unused Funds to the proportion of Total Funding Available for FY2017 used by individual applicants.
- Total Funding Requests Received – Total amount of all original funding requests as submitted by applicants before USAC review.
- Total Net Demand – Total demand for RHC Program funding requests received during the filing window after USAC review. If the Total Net Demand in the filing window period exceeds the Total Funding Available for FY2017 for the filing window period, all funding requests filed within the filing window period will be prorated.
- Net Demand (Consortia) – The demand for RHC Program funding requests submitted by consortia applicants during the filing window after USAC review. Consortia applications are only allowed in the HCF program.
- Net Demand (Individual) – The demand for RHC Program funding requests submitted by individual applicants during the filing window after USAC review. Individual applications are allowed in both the HCF and Telecom programs.
- Reserve – Sum of total amount reserved for funding requests that require further review, and total amount of funding requests that have been denied and subsequently appealed or could potentially be appealed.
- Unused Funds– Unused RHC Program funds from prior funding years. As directed in the December 2, 2017 FCC Order, the Unused Funds are being used to offset the proration for individual applicants in FY2017.