Eligibility Application Failure Resolution
If service provider performs a verify check in NLAD for a consumer in a National Verifier state who has not successfully completed an eligibility application in the past 90 days, they may receive one of the following error messages.
Eligibility Application Error Codes and Resolutions
Service providers can use NLAD’s National Verifier-integrated API in National Verifier states. Service provider can use this API to enroll subscribers that successfully qualified for Lifeline through the National Verifier. The API responses along with their descriptions are below. Most errors can be resolved by logging into the National Verifier and helping the subscriber complete their application.
|National Verifier Error Codes||Description||Resolution Prompt|
|‘Application_Not_Found’||The subscriber has not qualified through the Lifeline National Verifier yet or their application has expired.||You can qualify them now at <hyperlink URL>|
|‘Application_Not_Complete’||The subscriber has not finished qualifying through the Lifeline National Verifier.||Submit documents for errors below at <hyperlink URL>|
|‘Application_Pending’||The subscriber’s application is currently under review.||Please contact customer support at <phone #>|
Eligibility Application Not Successful/Does Not Exist
When a service provider performs a verify call in NLAD by entering a consumer’s PII and the customer does not have a valid National Verifier eligibility decision, NLAD will return the error messages:
To resolve this:
- The service provider will log into the National Verifier portal and enter the consumer’s PII.
- If the consumer has not started an eligibility application or the eligibility decision has expired (e.g. over 90 days old), the service provider can help the consumer complete an eligibility application using the National Verifier Service Provider Portal.
- If the consumer’s eligibility application contains errors or needs more documentation, the service provider can help the consumer fix the errors and upload documents in the National Verifier carrier portal.
- Once the application is completed or errors are fixed, the service provider can complete the enrollment process.
Subscriber is Enrolled with Another Provider; Needs New Eligibility Application
When a service provider performs a verify call in NLAD by entering the consumer’s PII and the customer does not have a valid National Verifier eligibility decision with the current service provider (because it is over 90 days old), NLAD will return the error message:
The existing NLAD duplicate subscriber message.
To resolve this error:
- The service provider logs into the National Verifier portal and enters the consumer’s PII to re-confirm their eligibility.
- The National Verifier portal will return the eligibility result, and that the consumer is currently enrolled in Lifeline.
- If the consumer requests a benefit transfer, the service provider can complete the transfer process in NLAD using the existing NLAD benefit transfer process.