Eligibility Application Resolution
Service providers will only be able to enroll applicants in NLAD if they have an active and approved eligibility decision from the National Verifier.
Eligibility Application Error Codes and Resolutions
If a service provider performs a verify check in NLAD for a consumer who has not successfully completed an eligibility application in the National Verifier in the past 90 days, they may receive one of the following error messages. Most errors can be resolved by logging in to the National Verifier and helping the consumer complete their application.
|‘Application_Not_Found’||The consumer has not qualified through the Lifeline National Verifier yet or their application has expired.||Service providers can qualify them at checklifeline.org.|
|‘Application_Not_Complete’||The consumer has not finished qualifying through the Lifeline National Verifier.||Submit documentation for errors at checklifeline.org.|
|‘Application_Pending’||The consumer’s application is currently under review.||Contact customer support at (800) 234-9473 for more information.|
Eligibility Application not Successful
When a service provider performs a verify call in NLAD by entering a consumer’s PII and the customer does not have a valid National Verifier eligibility decision, NLAD will return the applicable error messages:
To resolve this:
- The service provider will log in to the National Verifier portal and enter the consumer’s PII.
- If the consumer has not started an eligibility application or the eligibility decision has expired (e.g. over 90 days old), the service provider can help the consumer complete an eligibility application using the National Verifier service provider portal.
- If the consumer’s eligibility application contains errors or needs more documentation, the service provider can help the consumer fix the errors and upload documents in the National Verifier service provider portal.
- Once the application is completed or errors are fixed, the service provider can complete the enrollment process.
Subscriber is Enrolled with Another Provider
When a service provider performs a verify call in NLAD by entering the consumer’s PII and the customer does not have a valid National Verifier eligibility decision with the current service provider (because it is over 90 days old), NLAD will return the error messages:
‘The subscriber is already enrolled in Lifeline.’
To resolve this error:
- The service provider logs in to the National Verifier portal and enters the consumer’s PII to re-confirm their eligibility.
- The National Verifier portal will return the eligibility result, and that the consumer is currently enrolled in Lifeline.
- If the consumer requests a benefit transfer, the service provider can complete the transfer process in NLAD using the existing NLAD benefit transfer process.