The Representative Accountability Database (RAD) is a registration system that validates the identities of service provider representatives performing transactions in the National Lifeline Accountability Database (NLAD) and the National Verifier.
Your Representative ID is a unique number that connects your identity to the transactions you complete in NLAD and the National Verifier. Do not share your ID number with anyone besides the carrier(s) for which you work.
RAD registration is a two-step process:
- Representatives self-register for a Representative ID, which will be needed to perform transactions in NLAD and the National Verifier.
- Representatives provide their Representative ID number to the service provider they work on behalf of. Service providers will use the Representative ID to create the representative’s NLAD and/or National Verifier account credentials.
The following list provides examples of who needs to register for a Representative ID:
- Individuals directly interfacing with potential subscribers to enroll them in Lifeline
- Immediate supervisors of individuals directly interacting with potential subscribers to complete Lifeline enrollments
- Individuals that contract directly with ETCs and oversee or manage several teams of people working to complete Lifeline enrollments
- Individuals that either assist subscribers with recertification or prepare subscriber information for recertification and submission to the National Verifier or NLAD
- Customer service representatives that update Personally Identifiable Information (PII) for existing Lifeline subscribers
- Back office individuals that conduct manual eligibility reviews of subscriber enrollment or recertification information that is initially submitted through an electronic systems, e.g., an online portal, ETC billing system
RAD Adoption Period
All current NLAD and National Verifier users will register and be validated through RAD. Visit USAC’s RAD Adoption Period page to learn more about this process.
Service providers will confirm that the representatives that are linked to their company accounts should remain linked. USAC will provide additional information soon.