National Lifeline Accountability Database (NLAD)
The National Lifeline Accountability Database (NLAD) allows service providers to manage the enrollment of their Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB) Program subscribers. It works in conjunction with the National Verifier and service providers’ approved alternative verification processes: consumers apply to the EBB Program through the National Verifier or their provider, and their service provider enrolls them in NLAD.
Enrolling subscribers in NLAD is necessary in order for service providers to claim reimbursements.
How to Use NLAD
Like many of the EBB Program systems, NLAD is a Lifeline system that USAC has expanded to administer the EBB Program. To learn more about the basics of using NLAD, as well as how to use it for the EBB Program, please refer to these pages:
- Manage your NLAD User Accounts
- Common Transactions in NLAD
- NLAD Staging Environment
- Enroll Consumers Using the Batch Upload Template
Keep NLAD Up-to-Date
NLAD confirms that a customer has qualified through the National Verifier (unless the customer was enrolled through an approved alternative verification process) and prevents subscribers from claiming more than one EBB Program discount. Service providers are not allowed to claim reimbursement for a customer unless they are entered in NLAD at the time of the monthly snapshot. Please update NLAD every time a customer’s status changes, including changes to their information (for example, a change of address) within ten (10) business days.
When a service provider de-enrolls a subscriber from the EBB Program, NLAD must be updated within one (1) business day.
Beyond the NLAD resources in the EBB Program pages, you can also:
- Visit the NLAD pages on the Lifeline section of our website, which include general NLAD Resources, FAQs, and a maintenance schedule,
- Register for or watch a recording of the NLAD Get Started Webinar (Tuesday, March 16) for EBB Program participants, or
- Sign up to receive system maintenance notices by selecting “NLAD Bulletin” in the USAC subscription center.