COVID-19 Update: USAC remains open for business. Learn more about USF program responses.

Program Eligibility

Consumers may be eligible for the Emergency Broadband Benefit Program if they meet income eligibility requirements or participate in a qualifying program below:

  • Lifeline program or Approved Service Provider Low-Income or COVID-19 Relief Program
    • Participants in the Lifeline program do not need to submit a new application to participate in the EBB Program
    • Service providers can seek FCC approval to qualify all participants in their existing low-income or COVID-19 relief program
  • Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
    • Look up state-specific information on this list of SNAP program names by state.
    • Participants in the Nutrition Assistance Programs in Puerto Rico, American Samoa, and the Northern Mariana Islands are also eligible for the Lifeline benefit.
  • Medicaid
  • Free and Reduced Price School Lunch Program or School Breakfast Program
    • Students approved to participate in the free and reduced price school lunch program or school breakfast program in the 2019-20, 2020-21, or 2021-22 school year
    • Students enrolled at a school that participates in the USDA Community Eligibility Provision
  • Pell Grant
    • Students who were awarded a federal Pell Grant in the current award year
  • Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
  • Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA)
    • To find contact information for a local Public Housing Agency, please visit the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development’s state contact and agency listing.
  • Veterans and Survivors Pension Benefit
  • Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
  • Tribally-Administered Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
  • Tribal Head Start
    • Head Start Program eligibility only refers to those households that have already met the Head Start income-qualifying standard.
  • Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR)
    • Although the Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR) is a federal program, administered by the United States Department of Agriculture’s Food and Nutrition Service, award letters are generally provided by either an Indian Tribal Organization or another state agency.
    • Read this list of state agency contacts for FDPIR to learn more.

Note: Consumers must live on qualifying Tribal lands to receive the Enhanced Tribal Benefit. However, they can receive the Enhanced Tribal Benefit regardless of how they are eligible for the EBB Program. In other words, they do not necessarily have to be participants in the tribal specific programs listed above. Consumers can learn more about the Enhanced Tribal Benefit on our consumer website.

Visit our acceptable documentation page for list of requirements for documentation to demonstrate program eligibility.