Households can qualify for the Emergency Broadband Benefit by showing that at least one member of their household meets one of the following criteria:
- Qualifies for the FCC’s Lifeline program, including those who are on Medicaid or receive SNAP benefits,
- Is approved for the free or reduced price school breakfast/lunch program, including through the USDA Community Eligibility Provision,
- Experienced substantial documented loss of income since February 29, 2020 with a total household income in 2020 below $99,000 for single filers and $198,000 for joint filers,
- Received a federal Pell grant in the current award year, or
- Qualifies for a participating provider’s existing low-income or COVID-19 relief program, subject to FCC approval of that provider’s eligibility process.
The Emergency Broadband Benefit is limited to one monthly service discount and one device discount per eligible household.