Obtain an FRN
Before you begin your application, you must obtain an FCC Registration Number (FRN) using the FCC Commission Registration System (CORES). HCPs who already have an FRN do not need to repeat this step.
Register with CORES
- First, go to the FCC CORES webpage.
- Set up an account in CORES by creating a username and password.
- You will then receive an automated email to verify your account’s email address and activate your account.
- Once your account is activated, log in to CORES, and select “Register New FRN” if you do not have an FRN. If you have an existing FRN, select “Associate Username to FRN.”
- After you provide the required information and submit, CORES will generate a new FRN for you, which will be associated with your username. Only FRNs that are associated with your username will be available for selection in the online COVID-19 Telehealth Application.
Input FRN into Application
On the application, you will need to click on the “search” icon in the FRN field to select the appropriate FRN. After the FRN is selected, the contact information listed in CORES will auto-populate information of the “CORES Registrant Name” in the appropriate fields.
Please do not try to manually type the FRN into the FRN field. If you attempt to type the FRN in manually, the system generates a “no match” error message. Instead, please select the FRN from the drop-down:
For more information about or support with CORES and FRNs, see CORES Help, Frequently Asked Questions, or Tutorial Videos. You can also call the CORES/FRN Help Line at 877-480-3201 (Monday- Friday 8 a.m.-6 p.m. ET) submit a support request online.