Round 1 Invoicing FAQs
What do I need to do to seek reimbursement for eligible expenses incurred under the COVID-19 Telehealth Program?
You must first pay the vendor or service provider for the costs of the eligible services and/or connected devices received before requesting reimbursement for those costs from the COVID-19 Telehealth Program. The COVID-19 Telehealth Program will not directly pay a health care provider’s (HCP) service providers or vendors. Upon receipt of services and/or connected devices and subsequent payment by the HCP(s) of the costs of the eligible services and/or connected devices to the service provider or vendor, a funding recipient must submit, at least on a monthly basis:
- An invoice from its service provider or vendor showing, at a minimum, receipt of the service and/or connected devices identifying the eligible services and/or connected devices purchased and received, and price paid (Note: a purchase order, vendor quote, or other similar documentation does not demonstrate payment for the services and/or connected devices);
- A completed Request for Reimbursement Form;
- If applicable, a Letter of Authorization (see sample) for those applicants that received a funding commitment on behalf of other eligible HCP sites; and
- Any additional documentation supporting reimbursement for the eligible cost of the services and/or connected devices
If you received and paid for non-recurring services, you can invoice for those services in one monthly invoice. Please provide detailed descriptions of the services and equipment on which you are seeking reimbursement on your Request for Reimbursement Form. If you think that additional information may be needed to support your request for reimbursement, feel free to supplement your submission with an attachment providing additional description regarding the eligible item(s).
To seek reimbursement, you must invoice the FCC using the Invoice Processing Platform (IPP), which is part of the U.S. Department of the Treasury’s Bureau of Fiscal Services. There you should upload the Request for Reimbursement Form and other documents listed above as attachments to that form.
If you are a funding recipient that received a funding commitment on behalf of other eligible HCP sites, you must also submit a Letter of Authorization (see sample) from participating eligible HCPs authorizing you to accept disbursements on the behalf of those sites. Any funding received by an entity that submitted an application and received a funding commitment on behalf of other eligible HCP sites shall reimburse the HCP sites for their respective costs incurred under the COVID-19 Telehealth Program.
Additional information, including Instructions to the Request for Reimbursement Form, can be found at the Invoices & Reimbursements tab of the FCC’s COVID-19 Telehealth Program page.
Transferring Eligible Connected Devices or Services
COVID-19 Telehealth Program (Program) rules prohibit selling, reselling, or transferring services or connected devices funded through the Program in consideration for money or any other thing of value. However, connected devices or services funded through the Program can be transferred between eligible health care provider sites, as long as the transfers are not done in consideration for money or any other thing of value.
- For transfers to eligible sites listed in the funding commitment letter for your Program award, you do not need to notify the FCC.
- For transfers to eligible sites not listed in the funding commitment letter for your Program award, please notify the FCC in advance of the proposed transfer via email at TelehlthInvoicSupp@fcc.gov and provide the funding commitment number, brief description of the eligible services or eligible connected devices being transferred, and health care provider number(s) for the anticipated transferee sites.