February 3, 2017
E-rate Funding Year 2017 Application Filing Window Opens February 27, 2017
Dear E-rate Program Participant:
USAC is pleased to announce the application filing window for Funding Year (FY) 2017 will open on Monday, February 27, 2017 at 12:00 noon EST and close on Thursday, May 11, 2017 at 11:59 PM EDT.
All applicants can begin preparing now for successful filing of your FY2017 application by taking the following steps:
- Log-in or create your account in the E-rate Productivity Center (EPC) and then review, update or assign user rights for anyone who will need access for FY2017. Please note, Google Chrome is the preferred browser for EPC. No matter what browser you use, be sure the latest version is installed on your computer.
- Review your profile and confirm all of your information is accurate including your organization’s name, address and entities.Your profile is now unlocked and available for you to insert any further updates but will be locked again on February 26, 2017 at 11:59 PM EST.
School districts should take extra care to be sure they have inserted the latest National School Lunch Program (NSLP) student counts (or alternative discount mechanisms) as well as included new construction, non-instructional facilities and Adult Education and Head Start programs.
Libraries should confirm their square footage, main branch, and public school district of the main branch information is correct and that any bookmobiles or kiosks are included.
- If you have not started the competitive bidding process please begin now. There is no need to wait for the window to open. The USAC website provides step-by-step instructions.
As always, representatives at our Client Service Bureau (CSB) are available to help you at 888-203-8100 or simply open a customer service case in EPC.
We recognize that 2016 was a challenging year for many in the E-rate community and all of us in the Schools and Libraries Division are working to make 2017 and beyond a simpler, faster and more efficient experience. In 2017, we will be taking steps to improve the stakeholder experience and continuously improve EPC.
- We anticipate a single filing window for 2017 and better prioritization of application processing so funding decisions are provided in a timelier manner.
- Applicants will recognize the flow of the online application process, and further enhancements will be available including the "Copy My FRN" feature along with the templates for uploads of large entries. This will assist all applicants.
- Along with continued enhanced stakeholder education and outreach, the formation of a stakeholder innovation group who will provide guidance and feedback on the design of a new applicant portal.
All of us in the Schools and Libraries Division would like to thank you for your continued cooperation, patience and understanding. We look forward to a successful 2017 fund year.
Vice President, Schools and Libraries Division