FCC Form 500 Filing
The FCC Form 500 is used to adjust funding commitments and/or modify the dates for receipt of services. The applicant is still required to file an FCC Form 486 (Receipt of Service Confirmation and Children's Internet Protection Act and Technology Plan Certification Form) to notify USAC that a service provider(s) is permitted to begin submitting invoices to USAC.
What to File
FCC Form 500
Funding Commitment Adjustment Request Form
Purpose of Form
Applicants file an FCC Form 500 to accomplish one or more of the following:
- To adjust the funding year Service Start Date reported on a previously filed FCC Form 486
- To adjust the contract expiration date listed on the FCC Form 471
- To cancel a Funding Request Number (FRN)
- To reduce the amount of an FRN
- To request a service delivery extension request
- To notify USAC of an equipment transfer resulting from the closure of the location where the equipment was originally installed
When to File
The FCC Form 500 cannot be filed until USAC has issued a Funding Commitment Decision Letter (FCDL) for the FRN to be modified. The FCC Form 500 should be filed as soon as the applicant is aware of new circumstances that require adjustment to one or more FRNs.
Deadline: Changes that result from filing an FCC Form 500 will affect other parts of the application process, so the FCC Form 500 must be filed before those changes can occur. For example:
- An applicant wants to cancel an FRN and give up a year under the Two-in-Five Rule to be eligible to receive a commitment in another funding year. The first FRN must be canceled before USAC can consider funding the second FRN.
- An applicant wants to extend a contract to cover the time needed for installation of services. The contract expiration date must be changed in USAC's records before USAC can pay invoices for services delivered and installed after the original contract expiration date.
USAC will issue an applicant version and a service provider version of the FCC Form 500 Notification Letter after the form has been successfully processed.