– New Version of FCC Form 498 Now Available
Beginning November 26, 2012, all service providers must use the new FCC Form 498 when applying for a new SPIN (Service Provider Identification Number) or when making changes to contact or remittance information to an existing SPIN.
USAC has posted the new FCC Form 498
and instructions on its website. No prior years’ forms will be accepted; service providers who submit an outdated form will receive notice from USAC that the form could not be processed. E-File users will automatically see the newest version of the form upon log in, and their information will pre-populate.
Features of the new FCC Form 498 include:
• an additional field in block 3 for a company's Federal Registration Number (FRN);
• a column for the Study Area Code Company Name in Block 8;
• the ability for a carrier to designate an alternate bank account for the payment of BEAR funds in Block 11;
• a box in Block 1 and a supplemental information sheet to allow respondents to include information about affiliates;
• an update to the Principal Communications Types in Block 14 to include additional business types as listed on the FCC Form 499-A;
• a box after every program on the form that will allow service providers to cease participation in the associated program without having to deactivate their entire SPIN.
The Office of Management and Budget (OMB) approved the FCC Form 498 and the notice was published in the Federal Register
on November 21, 2012.
Please contact USAC Customer Operations at (888)641-8722 with any questions about the new FCC Form 498.