File According to Fund
Choose the fund(s) your company participates in to learn the specific filing instructions for that fund.
- Frozen Support – With the advent of the Connect American Fund, existing High Cost Program support was frozen at December 2011 levels as part of the transition of universal service from focusing on voice networks to supporting and expanding broadband availability.
- Connect America Fund Phase II – This support is determined by the Connect America Cost Model (CAM), a forward-looking broadband cost projection tool.
- Mobility Fund – This fund provides support for the expansion of mobile broadband networks in areas that might otherwise not be served.
- Intercarrier Compensation (ICC) Recovery – This is a transitional recovery mechanism to facilitate incumbent LEC's gradual transition from regulated, per-minute intercarrier compensation charges to a bill-and-keep methodology.
- High Cost Loop (HCL) – This fund provides support for the last mile of connection for rural carriers in service areas where the cost to provide this service exceeds 115 percent of the national average cost per line.
- Interstate Common Line Support (ICLS) – This fund helps to offset interstate access charges and is designed to permit each rate-of-return carrier to recover its common line revenue requirement, while ensuring that its subscriber line charges (SLCs) remain affordable to its customers.
- Safety Net Additive (SNA) – This fund is support above the HCL cap for carriers that make significant investment in rural infrastructure.
- Safety Valve Support (SVS) – This fund is additional support above the HCL cap that is available to rural carriers that acquire high-cost exchanges and make substantial post-transaction investments to enhance network infrastructure.